Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flavorful Friday

Yes... I know it's Saturday. I have been having fun with my out-of-state family that will be here for a while. I hope to post some more about it later. Right now though I want to get to my recipe.

Here in Utah we seem to have a few things that are hard to find outside of this state. I didn't know anything about fry sauce until I moved here and the same could be said about the cookie I'm about to post a recipe of. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies sound to me like a fall food, just like turkey and pumpkin pie. But here you can find these soft cake-like cookies year round. These are the only cookies my youngest will eat. Wierd, I know, but once they are baked he can't get enough of them! I'd have to say my most favorite thing about these are that it only requires 3 ingredients!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 (14 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
1 Cup Chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
Dump pumpkin and cake mix into a large bowl. Stir until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls (I use my medium scoop from Pampered Chef) on prepared baking sheets.
Bake in preheated oven until tops are firm when lightly touched, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on racks. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

Katie said...

We need a new recipe!!!!
Update you blog lady! Gosh!