Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread houses



Yesterday the kids and I finally were finally able to make our gingerbread houses. It was late in the evening after shopping most of the afternoon for food. Grocery shopping is my all-time least favorite chore. Anyway after putting all the food away we got out the kit. Jesse was super excited about it after pleading with me for over a week to put them together. I had bought the kit some time in November and hadn't bothered with it since. We were quite surprised that when the box said five mini houses, they really meant it! These houses towered a whopping 3 to 4 inches.


Jesse's house with help from mom. We had a bit of difficulty getting the chimney to stay put. It kept sliding slowly down the roof until the icing set.


Kylie's house. She kind of gave up on it, deciding that playing with friends was a better use of her time.



Ally's house. She was last to decorate, so she used whatever was left and still managed to make it look wonderful.



Emily's house is the most like the picture on the box. It's cute and more detailed... adorable and just fun to look at.



Zac never came down to make his... too busy leveling-up on WOW.


The kids had fun and I enjoyed watching their creativity. Now I have three mini houses (Jesse ate his) to show off! I found it quite funny that after putting the "snow" on our little houses I woke up to this all over the neighborhood.


1 comment:

Emma and Dan said...

I just showed Elena this post and she said that she bets that Kylie will come back and decorate her house "like with a box of Nerds for the chimney." Too funny.

The houses look great! We miss you guys!