Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I love the internet..

It's amazing all the things that you can do. I can talk to friends all over the globe, I can share picture with my loved ones, and yesterday I found a long lost friend from my childhood! I had signed up months ago over at reunion.com. I played a bit over there and filled out all my info and then searched for a few friends of mine that I had lost contact with over the years. Not one of those names was listed and I completely forgot about it accept for the daily emails they send saying "your name has been searched so-and-so many times". I usually just delete them with out even reading, but yesterday I looked just for fun to see how may found my name and I see that one of the names on the search I did months ago had just signed up. the name was right, the age was correct, and the location was close to where she lived as a kid. I left her a long comment in her page and within a few minutes she posted a comment on mine!

I couldn't believe that I had found Marianne! I called her yesterday evening and we talked for 2.5 hours. It was as if time had not passed. We reminisced about all the odd things we used to do like taking kittens to school in our bags and not getting caught... eating "pies" made from her white bread and berries from her garden... riding our bikes to the 7-11... spending many summer days at Great America. Do you remember the song I sang to in one of those booths? She also told me about our neighborhood and great people who lived thereand how much it's changed. We asked about each others family. it was a great night and I hope that we will keep up with one another better this time. over ten years is a long time...

No comments: