Friday, August 3, 2007

Monsoon Season...




I totally thought I would have nothing to write about today. Everything started out normal, got the kids off to school, did a couple of loads of laundry and had some lunch. That's about when the heavens opened up and the lightning and thunder rumbled overhead. I figured some nice pictures of the rain on my flowers would be nice. Well as soon as the kids got home from school I knew something was up.
Apparently all the neighbor kids saw this while getting off the bus and just couldn't stay away! That picture... that's the neighborhood park. It's built to be the catch for all the storm drain run-off. My kids were floating down the rapids! thank goodness I told them to get into their swimsuits before they left. I really thought the there may be only a few inches of water over there for them to slide about. Not waist deep on my 11 year old! I couldn't drag them away... and believe me I wanted too! I knew what was in that muck, but to see how much fun they were having I just couldn't do it. As I type they are all getting in the shower and getting this nasty off them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, we would play in the streets when they would flood after every big summer storm. I'm glad the kids got to have a similar experience.
I'm so excited to be able to hear what you are up to and to see pictures of you guys on a regular basis. Keep it up!

gigharborscrapper said...

wow..I thought Seattle had a lot of rain!! That is going to make a fun layout

Jennw6kids said...

Holy crap that is crazy, my kids would have totally dug that!! I missed all the rain tha we got since we were on our trip, but I dont think we got that much! LOL

Kasi said...

c'mon Amy, let's see some more posts!!!