Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Have you ever held a tortoise?

Last week I had a blast. My mom came for a visit for the first time in three years. Usually we visit her but she had some time in her very busy life and came to see me and the family for a few days. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and on Friday we went to see a friend of hers that lives about 40 minutes away. My mom thought the little kids would have fun at Rachel's house. Rachel owns a 2 acre lot with tons of animals. the kids got to feed goats, chickens and turkeys. They got to hold cats, kittens, a rat and the family tortoise. His name escapes me but isn't he cute?!?



Now this tortoise is only 2 but can get as old as 100. Needless to say he'll be passing down to the next generation.

While my mom was here our oven went wacko. every time we would try to use the oven we would get error codes and after stressing over it for a day and a half thinking we would need a new oven Lloyd remembered about the home warranty... bless him. Goodness knows we didn't have the money to get a new one. I called and set up the appointment and Monday we got our oven back. Apparently our thermostat in the oven broke making the oven think it was on and hot all the time. Could you imagine that happening during Christmas dinner! Oh, I am so glad it happened when it did.

No comments: