Sunday, December 16, 2007

Train Ride

I've only been on a train once and when Lloyd's uncle told us about scheduling a ride for us on a train in Lindon I was really excited! When Wednesday came I was getting all the kids stuff ready, making sure they all had hats, gloves, boots and handwarmers. I was imagining something close to what I had previously experienced. I knew it wasn't going to be a full scale train because it was privately owned and was on his property, kind of like this.



well with less trees... I mean we do live in a cold desert here. So I pick up the kids from school and head for Lindon. We arrive at the address given to me by my husband and I'm thinking... is this right?... no it must be correct, look at all the cars... where could the train possibly be?




It was there. You wanna see it?





Um, slightly smaller cars than I was expecting.



We rode around the neighborhood, owned mostly by the one family who ran the train. First up to the North Pole to see Santa.

Then through large poster scenes depicting Christ's life from begining to end. It was very touching as I sat holding my youngest child telling him briefly about each scene. Trying to imagine what it would feel like if it were my child in those scenes... thankful that it wasn't. And deeply touched at the sacrifice made by my Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son for me... for us all and even though it wasn't what I expected it was exactly what I wanted to think about this Christmas Season. The true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Emma and Dan said...

Dan actually saw this post first and showed it to me. We thought the tiny train was hilarious. That was not what I would have expected either. Dan said that Emily's expression in the picture seemed to perfectly sum up her feelings about the experience. :)