Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Official... We're Moving! AGAIN!!!!

I know all my good friends and family knew we wouldn't stay still for very long. We have a terrible track record for moving. Most of my kids can say they have moved as many times as they are old. It's not like were in the military or anything like that, we just don't have very much luck when it comes to staying put. I know my in-laws are happy about the move though since we will only be 1.2 miles from their home. We've lived in that area before so the transition will be easier on the kids. They will be going to familiar schools and possibly reunite with old friends.

The down-side of it all is:
  • that I will be leaving behind my treasured friends whom I've come to love. I will miss you all terribly but I've made Rachel and Shauna promise to keep me informed with all the fun activities that go on here in hopes of attending many of them.
  • pack up the house yet again. What a pain! It's so sad when your daughters know the drill so well that they had most of their rooms packed in one day.
  • with this move we will not be able to bring our dogs with us. They are very cute and loving. The girls have shed their tears over it and we are now looking for new homes for both of them. I've got them listed on KSL here and here.
  • and lastly I've got a week to pack it all up and move it all out. Thursday or Friday will be my last day in this home.

Our reasons for moving are that Lloyd's work is not moving as they had planned. Instead of a 30 to 40 minute commute now it will be 10 to 15 minutes max. Also we have family there and it's been so painful, and by painful I mean expensive, to drive back and forth like we want to. My durango would eat through a 1/4 of a tank there and back... that's like $40 every weekend to drop off and pick up!

I don't have a picture yet but I hope to post one of our new digs later tomorrow.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Make sure the girls come and play one last time! We will all miss you guys!

Barbie said...

What?! I will be happy though. You will be closer when we come to visit Mom & Dad and my BYU children!! Wish we could be there to help you. Make sure Lloyd is careful with his back.

Love you all!

Marianne said...

Amy, we love you and your sweet family. Come back every possible chance that you can!

Carrie said...

We will miss you.

Unknown said...

We will miss you. Be sure and come up for all of our scrapbook and movie nights!!

Rachel said...

I'm gonna miss you tons!!! We will for sure stay in touch!!
Luv ya girl!