Friday, December 12, 2008

Flavorful Friday

I thought I'd try doing something new here. I've been seeing a lot of my friends share recipes and I wanted to share some of my own. So I'm starting up "Flavorful Friday"! Let me know if you guys like it and want me to keep going with it.

Last night we went to our ward's Christmas Party. We all had a lot of fun. The kids each had to do something for the entertainment portion. The little kids all got to sing, Zac was one of the Wise Men for the Nativity scene, and Emily, along with the young women, sang. I got to make a dessert to take. One that's always a crowd pleaser is Zebra Cake.


Zebra Cake

1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
2 C. milk
8 oz. Whipped topping, thawed
2 to 2.5 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
1 C. Chocolate chips

In two bowls mix puddings separately with 1 C. milk each. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then fold 1/2 of the whipped topping into each bowl. In an 8 x 8 pan layer grahams, 1/2 the chocolate pudding mixture, grahams, 1/2 the vanilla pudding mixture. Repeat. Finish with a layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Melt and spread chocolate chips on top. Serves 6 to 8.

2 comments:

Kasi said...

hmmm, sounds yummy!! I love the look of your blog, it's so cute!

Shauna said...

Sounds soooo good. Keep up the flavorful friday post. I could always use new recipes. Love ya!