Friday, December 19, 2008

Flavorful Friday

One of our favorite meals around here is my Dad's Tuna Noodle Casserole. It makes for an easy fall-back meal for those days when you completely forget about defrosting something. I always have the ingredients on hand. I personally love it with the red bell pepper in it but none of my kids do so it's usually left out. Plus as much as I love the peppers my body doesn't and I end up burping the rest of the night. So I guess the kids not eating them is a good thing... for everybody.
I like to serve this with some green beans and rolls. This recipe is easily doubled and fits well in a 9 x 13 pan, just increase the baking time to 25 minutes.


Tuna or Chicken Casserole
from: My Daddy
serves: 4-5


6 to 9 oz. Pasta (large shells, rigatoni, or noodles)

1 or 2 small cans of tuna or chicken

½ C. mayonnaise

1 C. chopped celery

1 C. shredded Monterrey jack cheese

¼ C. chopped red bell pepper

½ C. milk

1 can cream of mushroom soup

bread crumbs



Directions
Slightly under cook pasta, drain. Combine pasta, meat, mayonnaise
and vegetables. Blend soup and milk, heat. Add cheese to soup
mixture to melt. Add to pasta mix. Turn into 1 ½ quart
casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs and bake at 425` for 20 min.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Hey thanks for the recipe. It looks great, we should try it.

Katie said...

I think, now that I have seen a picture, I am going to try it.
New years resolution...try new recipes.