Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy 15th Pumpkin!

Where has the time gone! My first born is now officially 15! I'm not sure I want what's coming in the next year.... driving.... dating....UGH! Not that she'll be bad at those things... she's responsible and thoughtful and caring. I just don't like how fast it goes! It seems like just yesterday she was like this.

So sweet, so innocent... if you asked her to show you some attitude she'd strike the pose, with her chest out, looking over her shoulder and her hands on her hips... so cute!



Now I have this.

Not that there's anything wrong with it but now that she's getting older I feel the time moving faster. I don't have years and years before I have to start thinking about college or her moving out. And although it can be sad to think about it's also an exciting time in her life. She'll have her first date, getting her dirver's license, Homecoming, Prom, and so many others... and I'll be there supporting, encouraging, and loving her for every bit of it.

Happy birthday Sweetie!

Oh, and since I started this post at 11:57 it totally still qualifies as posting on her birthday.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Emily. Great pictures. We miss you all.

Kasi said...

HOLY COW!! 15?! SHe looks so gorgeous!

Jennw6kids said...

Totally counts!! I totally agree, yes on one hand it sucks to have them reach this mile stone but on the other yep it rocks to see the wonderful people the become,it amazing!! Enjoy every minute of it!

Shelley said...

Wow...I can't imagine having to face all of those firsts with my baby! Good luck to both of you! :)