Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Land

Last Wednesday Jesse and I had a fun time on his first field trip in his new school. I got to be in charge of Jesse and two friends. Any more and I might not have been able to keep track.
We got to ride the bus.




Play with the painted cut-outs, make silly faces and try to snap pictures quickly so as not to hold up traffic.


Play at the play area. Jesse got hurt twice because there were so many kids playing at one time.


We also looked at the animals they had like bunnies, pigeons, ducks, chicken, and goats. Jesse liked the super long haired bunnies because he said they looked like rock stars.



While lining up to go into "Spook Alley" Jesse got in the wrong line while I was rounding up the other two boys. Instead of waiting with his class he got in the line right into Spook Alley. Now I'm worried that somethings happened. there's so many kids and not enough parent eyes. So I quickly walk through Spook Alley trying not to crush the other kids who are looking and standing around. I finally spot him just about to go out and call him back to me. I then get to haul him back to the beginning of Spook Alley where I get to see a few of the displays. They were all about mixed-up stories like James and the Giant Moose and Charlie and the Pumpkin Factory. After that, the kids got their picture taken as a class and then picked a pumpkin to take home before heading back to school.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

That looks like so much fun! Where is pumpkin land? Is it down in Utah County?

Shelley said...

I've been to Pumpkinland before on a field trip with the kindergartners I was student teaching! It's a fun place...glad you got to go! :)

Amy said...

Pumpkin Land is off the University Pkwy. Go right off the exit then right at the first light. It's down the street a bit.

Carrie said...

Looks life fun, I love that bunny, great pictures.