Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sick of making dinner?

Tired of the same old, same old? I tried a wonderful new dish from my BFF, Katie. It's super easy, super yummy Crock-Pot Taco Soup! Soup is usually not something we have a lot of here in our home. Mostly because Lloyd prefers to have to chew his food not slurp it down. He also keeps telling me to try new things since I tend to get bored quickly with the meals I prepare. Tonight I did and it was sooooo Good!! I did tweak it a bit to suit my family.

  • I used pinto beans instead of the garbanzo beans... hoping my kids would be less suspicious of the new dish with beans in it that they knew.
  • I only added 1 TBSP of the dried minced onions.
  • Along with all the toppings I added crushed up corn chips.
  • and I added about 3 cups of water.

After dinner I asked all the kids if they'd eat it again and everyone but Jesse said ,"Oh yeah!" So my hats off to you Katie for saving dinner!! And if any of you give it a whirl don't forget to leave Katie some Lovin.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Ha ha...that's funny! Guess what we ate for dinner tonight? Yep...you guessed it! Taco soup. I love it and I always make a big batch in 2 crock-pots and freeze some!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a new recipe Amy! I too am sick of making dinner and my kids are tired of having the same thing over and over again!

Kasi said...

I make that all the time...we love it!