Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's so nice to Getaway!

Let me just say I'm still recuperating from my Scrapbook weekender with Jenn and Kasi. I used to be able to stay up into the wee hours of the morning and still get up early for school with no side affects. Now two days later I'm still tired and want a nap! Not that it wasn't worth it!!

I planned and packed my bags most of the day Thursday to get ready to go early Friday morning. I didn't sleep well at all! I guess it's my equivalent to Christmas eve for kids. I was excited, I couldn't stop thinking about all the fun we'd have, and I REALLY wanted to scrap without my kids interruptions.

I got there just before Jenn did, which was a first! I got all my gear into Kasi's... that too a few trips. I can't ever seem to pack light for these things. My scrap stuff took up the entire floor in the trunk of my minivan! Just as we're ready to go we get called to help out a neighbor. Her battery died and she needs a jump. Yes even us girls can be resourceful when we want to be. Now finally on to the fun stuff... SHOPPING!! that's basically all we did Friday. We got home so late we just ended up going to bed with the promise of scrapping the next day. And we did scrap but before we could we squeezed in a few more stores.

It was great when we finally got to sit down a play with all our new treasures. I even got to call my BFF Katie and put her on speakerphone for a while so she could join the fun. Twelve whole hours of scrapping! It was great!! I got a few Lo's done, laughed and played with my friends. couldn't ask for a better time!

4 comments:

Kasi said...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Unknown said...

Look like you had a fun time! Scrapbook Shopping is so addictive!

Gabrielle said...

What a blast!

I'm heading to the EXPO in October with a couple girlfriends. We are staying overnight and cropping...hope I can stay awake! :)

Amy Solovay said...

Sounds like so much fun!