Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend



I wish we had been like half of our ward and went camping somewhere over the weekend but we just never got going on that idea. The kids did get to go to Grandma and Grandpa Dison's on Monday but that about the extent of our excitement. I did however get to scrap again! Whooo hooo!!! I'm just amazed by the sketches by Becky Fleck . She makes it so easy for the scrapper who doesn't want to take a lot of time and fiddle with every piece on her page, which I tend to do if I don't already have an idea. Over the weekend I did two of her sketches.
The first one is for a Circle Journal I'm doing with a group of friends. The topic of this journal is Words of Wisdom. I chose to use Gordon B. Hinkley's Be Attitudes. They sum up all the wisdom I wish to impart to my children. Be Grateful. Be Smart. Be Clean. Be True. Be Humble. Be Prayerful. THese are the best words of wisdom I've ever heard.
The second is pretty straight forward. Emily's third grade school picture. I couldn't remember anything special about that year. Being it was six years ago might be part of it. So the place where there's supposed to be journaling I put a ton of small prima's and buttons. What I like, besides it being a LO of Emily, is that it all came from a monthly kit I purchased some time ago. accept for a few little things the rest of it came all together. Makes it so I don't have to rummage through all my stuff to make a pretty and coordinated page.
So I got to scrap and the kids had a good time at Grandma and Gandpa's.... Not to shabby of a weekend, huh?

1 comment:

Kasi said...

i LOVE your LO's, especially the wisdom one!