Monday, September 17, 2007

Poor thing...



Before I could get any of my scrapping done this weekend though, I got to visit the ER. My friend Kasi's not to only one who gets to have fun the hospital.

I don't know what it is about Kylie that makes her so accident prone. None of my other kids have had to go to the hospital for large wounds that need stitching. I have to say this ones pretty minor compared to her tripping and biting her tongue nearly off.

Kylie was just outside playing with her friends, riding on one of the neighbor's scooters. I'm thinking she must have hit a little rock and the Razor scooters wheel just didn't like it. Down she went! She got a few bumps and scrapes, but the biggie was her chin! She split it right open, not to the bone thank goodness. I tried not to look at it too much, but we could tell it need stitches. So I took her to the hospital. it's really nice that it wasn't crowded in there because we got seen right away and put in a room. Well not really a room, you can't call a big open air space with curtains a room.

The nurse was really nice and understanding about Kylie being nervous about the shots in her chin. She gave Ky a stuffed doll to hold. It came in very handy during the shots and stitches when I was hunched over with my head between my knees trying not to pass out! I am such a wimp!

The doctor told us to keep sunscreen on it for the next year to help with scarring and that eventually most of the scar will move under her chin as she grows. Lets hope the next visit won't be for SEVERAL years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH man I know what that is like!!! My daughter did the same thing two years ago. (and they did not tell us to put sunscreen on the scar)It looks fine. So sorry you both (LOL)had to go through that!!!I made my husband take her!! LOL Sherrie from SU

Emma and Dan said...

My poor Kylie baby! I wish I had been there to help you out, Amy. I cannot tell you how excited Dan and I are to see everyone at Christmas. We'll be there in three short months!