Friday, January 9, 2009

Flavorful Friday

So sorry everyone for not having a picture of this. I really wanted to make it this week but with sick kids, two birthdays, and trying to get my home in order so that I can leave in peace tomorrow... I just haven't had the time. I hope you enjoy and I'll see ya when I get back!

Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



2/3 C. butter or margarine, softened

1 C. packed brown sugar

1/3 C. corn syrup

1 t. vanilla

4 C. quick cooking oats

1 pkg. (11 1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips

2/3 C. chunky peanut butter

4 Heath candy bars (1.2 ounces), crushed



Directions

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add corn syrup and vanilla; beat well. Stir in oats; press into a greased 13 x 9-in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until blended. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate until set before cutting.

No comments: