Thursday, January 29, 2009

Playing Catch-up

This month has been crazy busy for me. With three birthdays, a cruise, sick kids and surgery for DH I feel like I've not had a moments peace. So to catch you up on things here's what's been happening.



Jesse turned six before we left on our cruise. It was just a small family party. We all had a lot of fun watching him blow out all those candles after singing to him! Since Christmas Jess has been obsessed with Legos. Not so much the building of them (dad helps with that) but just playing with them. So he and dad put the legos together with super glue so they won't come apart in his 6 year-old hands. I bet you can't even guess what he got? No ideas??




LEGOS!!



Indiana Jones and Star Wars Legos. Along with a nerf gun so he can have wars now with his brother. I like that they keep him busy and he lets his sisters in on the action most of the time. There's only one thing I don't like about them... they end up everywhere!!

Just a few days later DH and I headed off to the airport to catch a plane to San Diego. It was so nice once we got off the plane because you could tell you were somewhere that didn't have snow! It was 60 and sunshiney in beautiful San Diego. It took just a few minutes to get from the airport to where the cruise ships dock and getting through check-in was a breeze.

I was so proud of myself for getting used to the motion of the boat quickly and not once getting sick! We had an inside cabin which we loved! You can sleep anytime you want and not worry about the sun waking you. The food was so good and the activities kept you busy while going port to port.
On Sunday I got to enjoy a wonderful hour at their Spa and got the Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow & Half Body Massage. Oh, it was HEAVEN!! And just in time for Formal Night that night. Dinner was Lobster Tails and Steak along with anything else off the menu. After dinner and before the dancing (no, I didn't get DH to dance) they had photographers everywhere taking pics of everyone in their formal wear. This is the only professional pic I got for the entire cruise since they were like $20 a sheet!

Monday we arrived in Cabo San Lucas. It was so warm (80 degrees!!) and pretty there. I wore my shorts and my swimsuit off the boat because I wanted some sun and I was not getting back on the boat without swimming in the ocean. I used to, every Summer at least once, when I was a child. Since we lived about 30 - 40 minutes from Santa Cruz, CA it was a cheap way for my mom to entertain us. We checked out the local flea markets but didn't buy much. Most of our spending was in Ensenada two days later.

See that big yacht? When we got off there were all kinds of rumors flying around that it was Tiger Woods'(Cabo's got a great golf course). Once we got to the beach we saw that it had a British Flag flying so knew that wasn't his, but whomever it does belong to was WELL OFF! You can't see it in the pic but on the back of the yacht there was a helicopter!

I didn't get any pictures in Ensenada... although we did have a great time. One of the couples we were cruising with took us to a little hole-in-the-wall Empanada stand. Oh My Gosh!! They were sooo good! Next time we go I will be going back with an empty stomache! After that we walked down the Main tourist-y street and got many things. Jewelry for Em and I at the sterling silver shop, a leather purse that feels like buttah for me and lots of other things for the kids. We even stopped to watch a guy do some spray paint art. It was amazing!



I can't wait to go again. Next time we will be taking all the kids and making it a family vacation.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time. I love getting away with my husband, isn't it the best?

Kasi said...

first of all, you look gorgeous in that formal picture. Second, I am soooo jealous! I am so glad you guys had a great time!!! And happy birthday Jesse!!

Shauna said...

Looks like a busy but fun month!! I'm so glad you had fun on the cruise! Happy Birthday Jesse! I can't belive your baby is 6!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic's. Lloyd does take good pictures. He usually is hiding in most. It sounds like you too had a fantastic time. I am so glad. You both deserve it.
Love ya,
Kathie