Monday, January 7, 2008

My Birthday and Suprise Winner!!!

Thanks you guys for all the well wishes for my birthday! I did have a awesome day. I got to sleep in, and hang out with my family. My kids got Rock Band for the Xbox the day before so there was little to no fighting all day. Lloyd took me out shopping in the afternoon. It wasn't scrapbook shopping but it was still nice to be out with just him. We got a new flat-top range to replace the old one we had so now all my appliances match and this house is feeling more like my home. We've moved so many times in the past, with only about a year to a year and a half before we pack up again, that actually investing our resources and heart into a home was never really wise, so this is a big deal. Lloyd also took me out to lunch. I did make dinner but it was fine. I wanted to treat my brother in-laws family one last time. They are leaving today back to North Carolina for who knows how long and to end our day we had a cold stone ice cream cake. Yum!!

The day before I did some celebrating as well. I got to go shopping at my LSS's, and ordered from a couple of places online. I also got myself a camera!!! My other one died Christmas morning of all days!! I got a Canon Powershot S5 IS. It's as close as you can get to being an SLR without paying for one. I can get a hotshoe flash for it as well as a different lens so I can shoot far away objects. I love all the preset modes and also being able to shoot manually too. Now if I could just figure out the best times to use each one I'll be set!

Now I bet you are all waiting to find out who won my fun little gift. I put everyones name down on pieces of paper and had Jesse draw a name. And the winner is......














Kerri N!!!! Congrats Kerri! Please email me your snail mail addy and I'll get these out to you a.s.a.p.! Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to share. It was really fun to see the post number grow all weekend. I hope you all get your perfect Birthdays this year!

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Happy Birthday!

Glad you had a day filled with family! Hope you have a spectacular year!

What a super cool giveaway! So thoughtful and generous for you to give something away on your birthday!

Linda said...

Glad you had a good birthday. And congrats, Kerri, for your win.