Thursday, October 4, 2007

Meet Bud!

Yes this friendly giant moved in with us a couple of weeks ago. Ally has really wanted to play an instrument since Emily brought her viola home last year. Somehow Em convinced all the kids that it would be cool to have their own quartet since then, so now all the kids have picked out their future string instruments.

When Ally brought home a flier from school about a new program hosted by the neighboring school she was so excited! A before school program for orchestra! Lloyd and I knew she wouldn't rest until we caved. She diligently gets up at 6:30 every Monday and Thursday for her new class. I get to carpool with some of the other mom's since I can't see her or some of the other kids hauling their instruments all over the school and on to the bus!

So I've got two happy girls with dreams of a whole quartet. Ally playing the bass, Kylie playing the cello, Emily on the viola, and Jesse with a tiny violin. Would you let your kids have a string instrument? How about that bass? :)

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

How fun!

I would definitely let my kids play, even the bass!

I have an Ally too. :)