Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Really I do Clean...

My mother can attest to the fact that I wasn't the cleanest of children. I would get the weekly announcement of my room looking like a tornado hit it. I have grown up a bit since then and figured out that my kids are for the most part taking after me. Yes mom, I did have kids just like me to show me how messy I was.

Today I got the cleaning bug. I wanted to tackle the kitchen floor. I just couldn't take the left out shoes and wrappers that always find their way to the floor instead of the garbage. I figured I might as well clean under the appliances while I had the broom out. The fridge was no problem I usually pull it out every couple of months and sweep. On to the oven! I popped off the bottom cover of my Jenn-air. Now this appliance gets less attention, mostly due to the fact that I hate getting down on my hands and knees to clean under there. So as I'm cleaning under the oven I find a head of garlic, used napkins, twist ties off numerous loaves of bread, a completely hair covered glove and this...

A grilled cheese sandwich complete with leftover lei flower and dog hair dust bunnies. I'm sure you are wondering how in the world this got under there. Well our oven has a 3 to 4 inch gap behind it. it was supposed to be a in the counter kind but the last owner had built the space for a stand alone kind of range, leaving a huge gap between the wall and our oven.

Now I wouldn't leave this just laying under there so I went to the experts... the kids. I asked them how on earth this got back there and why didn't they tell someone. I got this answer," oh, that's Emily's. She flipped it back there. She told dad, but he told her not to worry about it." Huh? not worry?? I'm thinking this was told in one of those moments where parents must be concentrating on something else. The something else being World of Warcraft. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to figure out how to get it out from behind there anyway.

3 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Amy , I was laughing so hard when I read this . This is totally something that would happen at my house.
Hugs Jensue AMM

Gabrielle said...

That is SO funny! Think I better go clean under my fridge and stove now.... :)

chenguna said...

Hi girly,
Just passing by to give you some blog luv! Thanks for passing mine too. I cannot believe you have a 14 year old daughter. You look great.