Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Zoo


Yesterday Jesse and I went to the zoo. We were meeting our playgroup over there for Wacky Wednesday. Basically it's free day at the zoo. So you can guess how many moms with strollers were there!

We had a lot of fun. Jesse loves to get the maps they hand out at the gate. I think it makes him feel like he knows where he's going even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to read it. I let him tell me where we're going and then we walk, holding hands, to our destination.

We checked out the elephants (Jesse's favorite animal), and the monkeys (he loved the baby orangutan who kept playing the whole time we watched), the giraffes (they had a baby too), the penguins, the tigers, the albino crocodile and so many others.

We stopped near the tiger exhibit to have lunch with our friends. We ended up in the shade which was not so fun. it was about 40 degrees by then and in the shade with a breeze it wasn't so enjoyable. So we stuffed our faces and then went to the ladies room to use the hand dryer to warm our pink fingers.

After we were all done looking at animals we went to the playground for a little bit to run around and climb on things. We were both exhausted and didn't stay there long. Just before heading home Jesse and I went to the gift shop to see if we could find a fun, cheap toy for him. He picked out an elephant head on a stick with a little trigger handle at the bottom so you can make it's mouth open and close. If you know what their called let me know. He also picked out two small stuffed animals for Ally and Kylie. As soon as we got home he had to put their animal on their pillow... So cute!

I'm so glad we went to the Zoo just him and I. Those times you get one on one are so special.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm glad you guys came! It was tons of fun. Yes, a little chilly, but hey, who can beat a free trip to the zoo? BTW...you can come dazzle all us digi-scrappers with your wonderful paper scrapping if you want to! Tomorrow night, my house, 7-12! :)

Rachel said...

Soo cute, bummed I didn't get to go, I have been soo sick, but feeling better! Hope to see you tomorrow at shelleys!

Gabrielle said...

How fun! I wish we had SNOW! :)